Vegan Breakfast Sandwich | Gluten Free
Breakfast Sandwich | Vegan | Gluten Free
This easy breakfast sandwich is vegan and gluten free. Switch out the dairy products for these cruelty free and healthy ingredients to start the day off right!
Substitute the egg with a garbanzo patty which is packed with protein and nutrients as well as has a very similar texture to an egg patty.
Ingredients for patties:
- 1 cup of chick pea (garbanzo) flour. I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 TBSP baking soda
- 1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon OR apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of fresh herbs, chopped. I used chives and cilantro
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Olive oil to oil the pan
- In a medium sized bowl, add garbanzo flour and baking soda. Mix evenly.
- Add water. Mix. Do not leave any chunks. The texture should be similar to pancake batter.
- Add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. You should notice a slight bubbly reaction that is white at the surface. If not, add a pinch more of baking soda. Mix.
- Add salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Chives are my favorite in this!
- Oil a pan with a dash of olive oil and turn heat on medium
- Pour batter into the pan as you would a pancake. Make sandwich sized patties. Continue cooking on medium – high heat.
- In just a minute or 2, you will notice bubbles popping on the surface of the patty. This is your que to flip! Cook the other side, and continue to the next one! Add a dash of oil in-between patties.
- This will make 6 to 8 patties, depending on your size. If you aren’t having breakfast with friends or family, I highly recommend that you make all of the patties because they store in the refrigerator well and you can have them again the following morning. They are even fun to pop in the toaster to heat and eat on the go! Yes, they’re that good!
Build Your Own
Here is how I build my breakfast sandwich. Feel free to copy me, or use this as a guide!
Toast: I use the brand – Little Northern Bake House that I found at Whole Foods Market. It’s certified vegan, gluten free and organic. You could also try,
-Gluten free english muffins
-Gluten free bagels (just make sure they’re egg free)
Cheeze: TIP – When you have flipped your patty, add a slice of your vegan cheeze on top while the other side is cooking to get it nice and melty. I used Follow your Heart American Styled Slices.
Spread: I use vegan mayo by the brand, again, Follow Your Heart which I found at Whole Foods as well. I know the vegan brand, Just Mayo can be found at a lot of chain grocery stores as well. It’s egg free too. You could also try
-Vegan sour cream
Greens: Don’t forget your greens! I had mine with baby spinach for power and romaine lettuce for a crunch. You could also try
That’s it! How did you build your sandwich?
Have you cleaned your gut lately?
The Gut Health Kit is a 30-day program engineered to reset your entire gut. It combines Global Healing Centers best gut health products into one incredibly effective program that cleanses your gut, balances your microbiota, and lays the foundation for intestinal comfort and optimal function. In my experience and speaking with other’s who’ve done it as well, it’s not harsh, painful or uncomfortable. Just plan to relax and not do any strenuous work during the first few days of the cleanse. It’s an amazing and life transforming kit! Free shipping to U.S and Canada. Get it here