Spicy Pineapple Fried Quinoa | Vegan | Oil Free | Gluten Free
This is a delicious alternative to a pineapple fried rice recipe. It's, ✔ low fat ✔ gluten free ✔ oil free ✔ vegan ✔ nutrient dense ✔ fiber friendly ✔ packed with flavor! I love spicy food, but this dish I made a little less spicy than I prefer. So if you're like me, add a little extra chili pepper :) Let's get started.
- Quinoa - 1 cup dried
- Water - 2 cups and 3 tbsps (to saute)
- Pineapple - 1 & 1/4th cup
- Zucchini - 1 cup
- Dried chili pepper - 1 tbsp
- White onion powder - 1 tsp
- Rinse 1 cup of dried quinoa. Add to a pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Uncover lid and allow to cool.
- In a pan, add 3 tbsps and turn heat on high. Once water is hot, add onion powder and chili peppers. If you don't have chili peppers, you may use red pepper flakes or 1 tsp of cayenne pepper powder. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and pineapple. Saute for about 3 more minutes.
- Add quinoa. Mix. Saute for about 1 more minute. Serve with a fresh salad with lime juice. Enjoy!
Stay in Touch
Follow me on Instagram @pineapple.aura
Like me on Facebook
Get my Recipes in your inbox. Subscribe
Compassion with a Cause
With every purchase from Pineapple Aura's fashion line, a donation is made to an animal sanctuary.
Get free shipping now with code FREESHIP10. Click here
eCookbooks are an eco-friendly alternative to paper recipe books. Check out my eCookbooks Here
Advance Antioxidants for Cells | Cell Fusion
This product contains 9 proven amazing ingredients that will help deliver antioxidants where your body needs it the most. Designed to protect and energize mitochondrial function, sustain healthy cell cycles, and guard against DNA damage. It may also help regenerate the body's natural intracellular antioxidants. After I did one bottle of this, I felt like a brand new person! Get it Here