Radish & Romaine Salad with Homeade Dressing
Radish & Romaine Salad with Homemade Dressing
This salad recipe is great to energize the body and clear the intestinal system. Eat it alone or serve with lunch or dinner. It’s fresh, crispy and sweet. Drizzle this homemade creamy and tangy dressing over it.
Ingredients for Salad:
Makes about 3 cups
- Romaine lettuce – 1 & 1/2 cups
- Dark greens of choice – 1 cup
- Radish – 4 bulbs
- Radicchio – 1/4 th cup
- Celery – 1 stalk
- Walnuts – 1/4 th cup
- Pitted dates – 1/2 cup
- Cilantro – 1/4 th cup
Ingredients for tangy dressing:
Makes about 1/2 cup
- Tahini (If you’re not oil free, you may use hummus instead) – 3 to 4 tbsps
- Fresh lemon juice – 4 tbsps or 1 whole lemon
- Wash and chop all leafy greens, including cilantro and toss into a salad bowl.
- Chop radishes, celery, radicchio and dates and add to the bowl. Add walnuts. Note: I left the dates whole just for the purpose of the photo. It is much more enjoyable if you cut the dates in half. For this salad, I like the radishes to be chunky, instead of sliced.
- For the dressing, whisk together tahini (or hummus) with lemon juice. It should be creamy, yet, a bit runny to make a nice dressing consistency.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve and enjoy!