One Pot Vegan Chick'n Noodle Soup | Gluten Free
One Pot Chick’n Noodle Soup | VEGAN | Gluten Free
Vegan and gluten free mock “chick’n” and noodle soup. Ingredients in this soup fight against colds, the flu and other viruses such as oregano, ginger, lemon and homemade veggie broth. This recipe is so simple since everything is done in one pot.
You can use any type of mock “chick’n” such as Beyond or Gardein. Feel free to use your favorite type of gluten free noodle shape. I used brown rice noodles by Lotus Foods – and I only used 1/4th of the pack for this recipe.
Unfortunately, most mock meats are not oil free. If you are completely oil free, you can replace the mock meat with your favorite beans, or even cauliflower florets.
- Mock Chick’n – 1 & 1/2 cup chopped into bite sized pieces
- Brown rice noodles – 1/2 cup
- Celery – 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot – 1/4 cup sliced
- Ginger, fresh – 1/2 tsp minced
- White sweet potato – 1 cup chopped
- Lemon juice – 1/2 of a lemon
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Braggs liquid aminos (gluten free soy sauce) – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 4 cups
- In a large pot, pour 4 cups of water and insert steaming basket. Turn heat on medium high.
- Add sweet potatoes, celery, carrots and ginger to the steaming basket. Cover with lid and steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove steaming basket and the vegetables from the pot and set aside. The steam has created the vegetable broth base. Add noodles and mock chick’n to the broth. Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add gluten free soy sauce, lemon juice, oregano, and black pepper. Mix well. Add steamed vegetables back into the pot. Cover for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with your favorite herbs.