Lentil Soup | Gluten Free | Oil Free
Lentil Soup | Simple
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup of chopped veggies (chard, cilantro, or your favorite vegetables)
- 3 tbsp liquid aminos (gluten free soy sauce) or to taste
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon
Note: Rice takes longer to cook than lentils. Start your rice up first!
- In a separate pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup of rice.
- Cover and turn heat on low.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Turn heat off, cover and set to the side.
- In a large sauce pan or pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add lentils, cover and turn heat on low.
- Cook until tender (about 15 to 20 minutes.)
- Using a blender, blend half of the lentils. If you don’t have a blender, mash with a fork. Leave the rest of the lentils whole, in the pot or large sauce pan.
- Once blended to a “paste” consistency, add to the pot with the whole lentils and mix.
- Mix lentils and rice together.
- Warm by turning heat on low if needed.
- Add black pepper, liquid aminos, lemon, and chopped veggies. stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you cleaned your gut lately?
The Gut Health Kit is a 30-day program engineered to reset your entire gut. It combines Global Healing Centers best gut health products into one incredibly effective program that cleanses your gut, balances your microbiota, and lays the foundation for intestinal comfort and optimal function. In my experience and speaking with other’s who’ve done it as well, it’s not harsh, painful or uncomfortable. Just plan to relax and not do any strenuous work during the first few days of the cleanse. It’s an amazing and life transforming kit! Free shipping to U.S and Canada. Get it here