Chickpea Cauliflower Curry | Gluten Free | Oil Free
Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
This warm and creamy dish brings a clean feeling of comfort to the soul. This meal is healthy, delicious and will keep you full. As always, it’s gluten free and oil free. This is a quick and easy version. Makes about 4 to 5 servings. Adjust ingredients as needed. Serve with brown rice and a cooling cucumber salad. If you need help cooking chickpeas and brown rice from scratch, I listed those instructions at the bottom.
- 4 & 1/2 cups of cooked or canned chickpeas
- 2 & 1/2 cups of Chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of chopped kale
- 3 tbsps of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder
- 1 tsp of white onion powder
- 1 to 2 tbsps of agave syrup
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I avoid using canned chickpeas and start from scratch. If you want to know how I do that, see below. If you are using canned chickpeas, warm in a large pot. Mix in curry powder, cayenne, oregano, white onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour in coconut milk and agave. Mix well.
- Mix in cauliflower and kale. Cover and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Adjust taste as you please. I like spicy, so I added in more cayenne! If you like a bit more sweet, add more agave and so on.
- Serve with brown rice (see instructions below) and a cucumber salad. Enjoy!
Cooking dry chickpeas:
- Rinse well! I work with about two cups of dried chickpeas at a time.
- Soak 2 cups overnight or at least for 5 hours. I’ll start soaking before I go to bed.
- Drain and rinse again.
- In a large pot, bring the two cups of soaked chickpeas to a boil with about 8 cups of water. Allow it to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 3 hours partially covered.
- I usually start this process in the morning so they will be ready for lunch or dinner.
- This makes enough for me to enjoy throughout the week.
- In a small / medium pot bring 1 cup of brown rice to a boil with 2 cups of water
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Fluff using a fork. Turn heat off. Cover with lid once again and allow it to steam for 10 minutes.
Anti-Aging / Emotional Balance
My Current Favorites
The gut produces 90% of the bodies serotonin and every neurotransmitter found in the brain can be found in the gut as well. That means – all emotional healing starts with our gut! Probiotics are the best way to help us repair gut health. Floratrex is a probiotic supplement that contains a wide variety of cultures, and prebiotics – which is food for the probiotics that keep them thriving – making you happier!
Biotin, also known as vitamin B7, vitamin H, and coenzyme R, is an essential vitamin that works at the cellular level to support healthy hair and nail growth and metabolism.
I’m loving how I look and feel with these supplements lately!
Grab yours with free shipping here ⬇