Butternut Quiche | Vegan | Gluten Free | Oil Free
The best type of quiche is fluffy, aromatic and has a good ratio of filling to vegetables. Now, I may be biased, but I believe I have one of the best vegan quiche recipes 😉 This takes quite a bit of prep work so for this reason, I recommend using a pre-made vegan & gluten free pie crust.
A nice quiche slice is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch OR dinner! Especially this quiche, which is filled of nutrients.
Service Size: 8
- Butternut Squash – 1 small squash or 4 cups chopped
- Garbanzo (chick pea) flour – 1/2 cup
- Tapioca or arrow root flour – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cold Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Zucchini – 1/2 cup chopped
- Fennel – 1/2 cup chopped
- Shallot – 2 tsps minced
- Leek – 1/2 cup chopped
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Sea salt – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Optional tomato slices for topping
- Lemon Juice for baking
- Preheat the oven at 400 degree F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. We will start by baking the squash. I prefer this method over steaming or boiling since baking helps to remove the water content, leaving you with pure flavor. In a Tupperware container, combine cut up squash with lemon juice. You may dress with spices here if you wish. Close the container and shake so that all of the squash is completely covered by lemon. If you are not oil free, you may use a small amount of olive oil here. Place the squash on the baking sheet and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until you can easily pierce a fork through. Once done, pull out and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Next is sauteing some veggies to go into the quiche. In a skillet add about 1 tbsp of water and turn the heat on medium-high. Allow the water to heat, then add minced shallot and leek. Saute for two minutes. Then add zucchini and fennel. Saute for about another 3 minutes. I do not recommend to saute in hot oil as it destroys the nutrients in these amazing vegetables and is not healthy. Sauteing in a little water or vegetable broth is a much healthier alternative.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blend squash. Transfer pureed squash to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine garbanzo flour, tapioca and baking powder. Mix together evenly. Add cold coconut milk and whisk until smooth. Add this combination to the large mixing bowl with the squash puree.
- Add in salt, black pepper and turmeric. Fold in sauteed vegetables. Add this mixture to a pie crust. Smooth out. You can also make this a “crust-less” pie if you wish. Top with optional tomato slices, extra leek or fennel. You may also brush the top with a small amount of coconut milk to give it a more “roasted” look. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour. Serve and enjoy this amazing, aromatic quiche!
Stay in Touch
- Follow me on Instagram @Pineapple.Aura
- Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/Pineappleaura
- Subscribe to my email for more free recipes.
Repair your gut
Free shipping within the U.S and Canada! Click Here to buy your bottle.