Baked Turmeric Cauliflower & Fennel | Gluten Free | Oil Free
Baked Turmeric Cauliflower & Fennel
Yields: 4 cups / 3 to 4 servings
- Cauliflower – 1 head or 3 cups of florets
- Fennel – 1 bulb or 2 cups chopped
- Pomegranate seeds – 1 pomegranate or 3/4ths cup
- Pecans – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp (if not oil free – use 1 tsp of sesame seed oil)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Pink Himalayan salt – 1/4th tsp or to taste
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower head up into floret pieces and place in a large container with a lid. Drizzle with lemon juice, turmeric, mustard, cinnamon and salt. Cover the container with a lid and shake it up until the cauliflower is completely covered. Add the cauliflower to the baking sheet.
- Remove the fennel stalks and slice the bulb into thin slices and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add pecans. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle pomegranate seeds all over.