Baked Purple Sweet Potato Slices | Tamarind Cinnamon Butter | Vegan, Oil Free, Gluten Free
Purple sweet potatoes are not only beautiful in color, but are loaded with fiber, minerals and vitamins. It's a great whole food ingredient to work with for those who suffer from inflammation, blood sugar issues, struggling with weight loss, or just looking for overall healthy food options. If you're not familiar with tamarind, you must try this recipe! Tamarind has a light and tangy flavor. It works wonders on the digestive system and even kills parasites!
These little slices almost remind me of cookies. They are soft in texture, and the tamarind cinnamon butter is almost like an icing! However, don't be fooled by the cookie look. Adding black pepper to this delicious dish makes it a sweet and savory choice for lunch or dinner.
This recipe yields about 46 to 50 slices and serves 2 to 3 people.
- Purple Sweet Potatoes - 2 large potatoes or 4 cups thinly sliced
- Coconut Butter (not oil) - 3 heaping tbsps
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Non dairy milk - 2 tbsps
- Agave - 1 tbsp
- Shredded Ginger - 1/4th tsp
- Black Pepper - 1/4th tsp
- Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp to drizzle
- Hemp seeds - 1 tsp to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice two large purple sweet potatoes, or 4 cups worth. Spread them out over the baking sheet so that they are not over lapping. Bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip each slice over. Notice how the natural moisture is helping them to cook thoroughly (without oil!) Set aside.
- To make the spread: Using a double boil method. Fill a sauce pan full of water. Leave some room to set a cup inside. Do not allow water to enter in the cup. Bring water to a light boil and reduce heal to low. Add 3 heaping tbsps of coconut butter to the cup. Stir a bit to help it reduce to a thick paste. Add 2 tbsps of non dairy milk and mix again. Combine cinnamon, black pepper, ginger and agave. Mix well.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread a small portion of the spread onto each potato slice. Place back in the oven and bake again for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle tamarind paste and sprinkle hemp seeds. Serve with a big bed of lettuce and spinach. Enjoy!
Stay in Touch
Follow me on Instagram @pineapple.aura
Like me on Facebook
Get my Recipes in your inbox. Subscribe
Compassion with a Cause
With every purchase from Pineapple Aura's fashion line, a donation is made to an animal sanctuary.
Get free shipping now with code FREESHIP10. Click here
eCookbooks are an eco-friendly alternative to paper recipe books. Check out my eCookbooks Here
Advance Antioxidants for Cells | Cell Fusion
This product contains 9 proven amazing ingredients that will help deliver antioxidants where your body needs it the most. Designed to protect and energize mitochondrial function, sustain healthy cell cycles, and guard against DNA damage. It may also help regenerate the body's natural intracellular antioxidants. After I did one bottle of this, I felt like a brand new person! Get it Here